A provocative school musical unleashes Missy's inner thespian -- and her new Hormone Monstress. The "Queer Eye" fab five pay a visit to Coach Steve.
The school puts on a musical based on Disclosure the movie. The kids audition, get their parts, and then rebel when they realize the play and the casting (done by Mr. Lizer was extremely sexist. Director Lizer insists the musical adaptation is “an exploration of the dangerous times that we men are now forced to navigate." This sends Jessi over the edge. She says “This play discredits women who have the courage to speak out! It’s a misogynistic fantasy!”
Meanwhile, Coach Steve ends up on an episode of Queer Eye, after being nominated by Jay.
Ignored by Lizer and most of her friends, Jessi quits, along with a few others. Gina leaves over being cast as Señorita Cleaning Lady (a part, per Mr. Lizer, that only exists “because diversity”), as does Matthew, who misses out on the lead role because he’s gay, and gay men "can’t be a romantic lead."
Missy and Nick both play the lead parts and have sexual tension on stage. After the show (which got shut down because of protests), they share a passionate kiss. Andrew sees the whole thing and their rivarly begins.
- Nick Birch
- Andrew Glouberman
- Jessi Glaser
- Jay Bilzerian
- Missy Foreman-Greenwald
- Mr. Lizer
- Principal Barron
- Lola Skumpy
- Gina Alvarez
- Matthew MacDell
- Coach Steve
- The Fab 5
- Mila Jansen
- Lotte Jansen
- Marty Glouberman
- Barbara Glouberman
- Elliot Birch
- Diane Birch
- Lump Humpman (Cameo)
- Devin (Cameo)
- DeVon (Cameo)
- Gogurt Burglar (Cameo)
- Piper (Cameo)
- Wiggles (Non-Speaking Cameo)
- Tyler (Pictured)
- Detective Florez (Pictured)
- Nathan Fillion (Drawing)
- The Ponytail Killer (Name Written)
- Mr. Lizer breaks the fourth wall, telling the audience that he'll be announcing the cast of the play after the audience skips the show's main credits.
- It's revealed that Lola's middle name is "Ugfuglio". A confirmation name that she willfully chose, as she wanted to be named after "St. Ugfuglio", the patron saint of sausage and peppers.
- Coach Steve's first name is mentioned to be "Steve", making his full name "Steve Steve".
- Coach Steve is 47 years old.
- Coach Steve gets plastic surgery to look handsome.
- Mr. Lizer gets fired and Coach Steve gets his job back in the same beat.
- Mila and Lotte still have their new hairstyles from "Rankings".
- The anime picture of Nick and Tyler from the episode "Smooch or Share" is posted on the bulletin board.
- There's a poster on the bulletin board featuring Detective Florez, reminding students to stay safe and avoid The Ponytail Killer.
- Jay brings up how Coach Steve fucked his mom in "Steve the Virgin".
- Jay brings up how Coach Steve got fired in "The Department of Puberty".
- The school play is a musical adaption of the 1994 movie, Disclosure.
- This episode's side plot is a crossover with Queer Eye, featuring animated appearances of The Fab 5, all voiced by their real-life counterparts.
- Maury mentions how Jim Parson a gay actor, played Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory, a straight character.
- Mr. Lizer compares Jessi to Lisa Simpson from The Simpsons.